There were more than 700 private equity deals in the healthcare industry in 2018, and the healthcare sector continues to draw private equity investors.
Here are 11 private equity deals announced in the past month:
1. H.I.G. Capital acquired Taconic Biosciences, a Rensselaer, N.Y.-based provider of research models and services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic research industries.
2. Francisco Partners acquired Qualcomm Life, a San Diego-based provider of medical device connectivity solutions.
3. Veritas Capital and Elliott Management acquired athenahealth, a Watertown, Mass.-based healthcare software company.
4. HealthDrive, a portfolio company of Bain Capital, agreed to buy New England Geriatrics, a West Springfield, Mass.-based psychiatric care provider.
5. An investor group that includes Bain Capital, Summit Partners and Revelstoke Capital Partners agreed to acquire U.S. Renal Care, a Plano, Texas-based provider of dialysis services.
6. Symplr, a portfolio company of Clearlake Capital, agreed to buy API Healthcare, a Hartford, Wis.-based provider of healthcare human capital management software.
7. Water Street Healthcare Partners invested in Pathnostics, an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of diagnostic tests and services across a range of areas, including urology, women’s health, gastroenterology and cancer.
8. Behrman Capital invested in The Emmes Corp., a Rockville, Md.-based contract research organization that develops treatments for diseases and medical disorders.
9. New Heritage Capital invested in Rhythmlink International, a Columbia, S.C.-based manufacturer of disposable neurodiagnostic devices and consumables.
10. KKR acquired BrightSpring Health Services, a Louisville, Ky.-based provider of home and community-based health services.
11. ProPharma Group, a portfolio company of Linden Capital Partners, acquired Southwood Research, a U.K.-based provider of preapproval regulatory science services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
More articles on healthcare finance:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.